WHEN I THINK ABOUT MY SETBACK, I CONTINUE TO SAY "TRY ME"
Everyone has major setbacks. I figured I already hit mine, 4
knee surgeries later. But I was wrong. Mine was 7 days ago.
I had been excelling in physical therapy. Doing all my
workouts at home; twice a day, going to the gym, feeding my body the proper
meals and protein. The ending result was in my mind. I was finally gaining the
confidence that has been gone for months. Then I hit my setback. Every fragile
leg has one main fear: slipping and falling. I had been lucky through the
winter months without a slip and fall, until a week ago. Clumsy me, slips and
falls… on carpet… Who does that, right? Well I did.
A few days after my slip and fall, I was left with a swollen
leg that had popped out of place and my major setback. I am in pain; having a swollen knee is not the easiest thing to deal with. My physical therapist
recommending me seeing my doctor, again. So I did. What was the news? A possible
torn MCL and meniscus. I have a two week wait until another MRI is possible,
more waiting for me!!!
This setback is the worst setback I have ever had. But I must
remain positive. All I can do now is push through the pain and gain strength.
As an athlete, staying positive is what we are good at. When I need some motivation I
like to read other athletes stories, motivational quotes, anything to get me in the right mindset. (when I attempt to
workout) motivational speeches and videos are a favorite for my playlist; TRY IT OUT, let me know how much it enhances your workout!
Feeling like you need motivation today? Check out one of my
favorites below!
References:
Image: https://addicted2success.com/quotes/24-dwayne-johnson-motivational-picture-quotes/
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4nHSbqBXsc

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, Brenna. I think you've got the perfect attitude though and I wish you all the best in your recovery. :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteHey Bre: Former Athlete here, so sorry to hear of your injuries - I can def relate to a degree. I hope you make a recovery soon.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's awful. I like the video - thank you for sharing it! I hope for a safe recovery.
ReplyDelete